Patriot Disposal is your service provider for the pickup and disposal of Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, and Bulk Items. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please contact Patriot Disposal at 703–257-7100. Please see this link for detailed information: Patriot Disposal Welcome letter
Woodstream Service Days:
- Household Trash: Tuesdays AND Fridays
- Recycling: Wednesdays
- Yard Waste: Wednesdays (March 1st to December 24th only)
- Bulk Items (junk) Regular trash days (Tuesdays and Fridays), limit these items to one of these items per day.
- Do not place trash cans, recycling bins, yard waste, or bulk items at the curb BEFORE 7:00 p.m. the evening before pickup. Collect your trash can or recycling bin by 11:00 p.m. the day of pickup.
- Trash cans and recycling bins MUST be stored out of public view behind your home (or in your shed or garage).
- Please Note: Homeowners may be receive a penalty assessment for violations of the HOA trash regulations.
- By Fairfax County law and HOA Bylaws, all kitchen and other household trash must be bagged and placed in a trash can with a lid. This prevents animals from scattering your trash and littering the neighborhood.
- Please Note: No white trash bags may be placed at the curb at any time; animals easily rip these bags open and scatter your trash.
Bulk vs Special Pick ups
Bulk items are items that can be disposed of using our regular trash trucks providing regular waste pick up services at no cost to the resident or HOA. Examples of regular bulk trash include:
- Mattresses & Box springs
- Bed Frames (disassembled)
- Furniture (disassembled)
- Coffee tables
A good rule of thumb is if it’s not an electronic item and it is of reasonable size (meaning it
appears that it will fit into our regular trash truck) it will be considered regular trash with the
exception being construction debris or item listed below. It is always okay for the resident to call the customer service line at 703-257-7100 and ask. We prefer that the resident not do more than one of these items in one trash service but rather break it up into multiple trash days.
Special Pickups are generally items that cannot fit into regular trash trucks and require a
scheduled pickup date with a quoted fee and must be curbside. These items require disposal at a facility other than the landfill or transfer stations. They include but are not limited to:
Scrap Metals (Grills, swing sets, bicycles)
Exercise Bikes & Tread Mills
These items will be scheduled for pickup curbside on a date that will be provided by customer service. The direct line is 703-257-7100. Mastercard and Visa willbe taken over the phone and billed to the individual resident.