There will be no recycling or yard waste pickup tomorrow March 21st 2018 because of the predicted snowfall.
A couple of board members will be cleaning up some fallen trees today. We will begin around 2pm at the playground. Extra hands would be appreciated.
Recycling and trash collection can be very challenging on windy days. We know we can’t control Mother Nature, but here are some tips that may help prevent your trash and recycling from blowing away.
- Place lighter materials on the bottom of your container and heavier items on top to prevent the lighter items from blowing out of the container.
- If your container is only half-full, consider waiting until your next collection to place it at the curb. The wind can blow your container away or even cause property damage.
- Bag all your trash/recycling before placing it in the bin. This is especially important for small, lightweight items like packing peanuts.
- Compact the trash- if you have loose items, place bagged trash on top of them to prevent them from blowing out of the cart.
- Secure the lid on your container. The wind can easily blow your container and container lid away.
If you see your trash or your neighbor’s trash has blown into your yard or common areas please try and pick up what you can.