Con-Serv Industries, Inc (CSI) is your service provider for the pickup and disposal of Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, and Bulk Items. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please contact CSI’s Customer Service Department at 703–444–3181, e-mail CSI at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Woodstream HOA at email@example.com.
Woodstream Service Days:
- Household Trash: Tuesdays AND Fridays
- Recycling: Wednesdays
- Yard Waste: Wednesdays (March 1st to December 24th only)
- Bulk Items (junk) Fridays (Approved item list on reverse side of this flyer)
- Do not place trash cans, recycling bins, yard waste, or bulk items at the curb BEFORE 7:00 p.m. the evening before pickup. Collect your trash can or recycling bin by 11:00 p.m. the day of pickup.
- Trash cans and recycling bins MUST be stored out of public view behind your home (or in your shed or garage).
- Please Note: Homeowners may be fined for violations of the HOA trash regulations.
- By Fairfax County law and HOA Bylaws, all kitchen and other household trash must be bagged and placed in a trash can with a lid. This prevents animals from scattering your trash and littering the neighborhood.
- Please Note: No white trash bags may be placed at the curb at any time; animals easily rip these bags open and scatter your trash.
- CSI will collect Newspaper and other types of paper, Cardboard, Plastic Bottles/Containers, Glass of any color, and Metal. More recycling information is located on the back of this flyer.
- Please Note: All recyclables can be placed together. Cardboard boxes should be broken down.
- Recyclables should be weighed down to keep them from blowing away.
Yard Waste Collection
- Yard waste pickup is available from March 1st through December 24th.
- Place yard waste into compostable or biodegradable bags, (weighing no more than 50 pounds).
- Yard waste is considered a by-product of regular yard maintenance (i.e. grass clippings, leaves, twigs, and small shrubs) and not the result of a landscaping renovation. Branches should be tied in small bundles no longer than 4 feet in length.
- Dirt, rocks, mulch, and sod are unacceptable and WILL NOT be collected.
- Christmas trees will be removed during the first two weeks of January on two specified days ONLY. Christmas trees should not be placed in bags and should have all tinsel and ornaments removed.
The following items are recyclable in Fairfax County:
- PAPER — Newspaper, magazines, office paper, junk mail, phone books, paper containers (cereal boxes, etc), and brown paper bags.
- CARDBOARD — Please breakdown and flatten cardboard boxes.
- PLASTIC — Plastic bottles and other plastic marked with the recyclable symbol (should be clean).
- GLASS — Glass bottles and jars of any color.
- METAL — Steel cans and containers, including empty metal aerosol cans; aluminum cans and containers; pie tins, and foil.
Please note: Plastic grocery / shopping bags are NOT recycled via CSI. Wood and wood scraps are considered bulk items and should be placed out for bulk item pick-up on Fridays.
Special/Bulk Items (Junk):
- CSI provides bulk-pickup of furniture and certain other large household items (Maximum bulk pick-up 50lbs/ 5 item limit per collection). A list of bulk items picked up at no charge to you is listed below.
- If an item is not on the list shown below, please email or telephone CSI’s Customer Service to make sure the item is acceptable for pick-up. There are pickup fees associated with certain bulk items and large amounts of bulk items, and all additional charges must be PRE-PAID prior to removal.
- Move in/out cleanouts are considered special collections and will need to be pre-paid before removal.
- The items listed below will be collected on Fridays –– DO NOT PUT BULK ITEMS OUT ON WEDNESDAYS.
BULK ITEMS (JUNK) PICKED UP AT NO CHARGE ON FRIDAYS
|BABY CRIB (NEEDS TO BE BROKEN DOWN)||ENTERTAINMENT CENTER (IF BROKEN DOWN)|
|BICYCLE / EXERCISE BIKE||GRILL (No Tanks)|
|COFFEE TABLE / END TABLE||SHOWER DOOR|
|COMPUTERS /KEYBOARDS / MONITORS||STUFFED CHAIR|
|DRESSER||WOOD & WOOD SCRAP (tied in bundles)|
Chemicals and Other Hazardous Waste:
CSI does NOT pickup chemicals, liquid paint, and other hazardous waste. Lawnmowers and other items with gasoline engines are also NOT picked up by CSI. For information on free disposal of such waste in our area, see the Fairfax County government’s Household Hazardous Waste webpage at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/trash/disphhw.htm.