Message from our trash service below:
Due to the Winter Storm Warning issued for Northern Virginia, operations has decided to cancel all residential service for Tuesday March, 14th 2017.
All residential services scheduled for Tuesday will not be rescheduled. Please do not place your items at the curb this evening. We will pick-up all overflow generated from the cancelled service on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
Recycling and trash collection can be very challenging on windy days. We know we can’t control Mother Nature, but here are some tips that may help prevent your trash and recycling from blowing away.
- Place lighter materials on the bottom of your container and heavier items on top to prevent the lighter items from blowing out of the container.
- If your container is only half-full, consider waiting until your next collection to place it at the curb. The wind can blow your container away or even cause property damage.
- Bag all your trash/recycling before placing it in the bin. This is especially important for small, lightweight items like packing peanuts.
- Compact the trash- if you have loose items, place bagged trash on top of them to prevent them from blowing out of the cart.
- Secure the lid on your container. The wind can easily blow your container and container lid away.
If you see your trash or your neighbor’s trash has blown into your yard or common areas please try and pick up what you can.
Please rake loose leaves to the curb. The grounds maintenance contractor will be conducting curb side leaf removal from the community the week of November 21st, weather permitting.
Bagged leaves will not be collect by the contractor. Bagged leaves are collected on recycling day, Wednesday, via the trash service.
There will be a second collection later in the season, approximately the week of Dec 19th
The WHOA Annual Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, November 1st, from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm in the cafeteria of the Orange Hunt Elementary School located at 6820 Sydenstricker Road Springfield, VA. The meeting is being held at Orange Hunt this year because of the construction at Newington Forrest Elementary School.
For homeowners unable to attend the meeting, a general proxy form will be included in the mailing that was sent to formally announce the Annual Meeting date. If you cannot attend, please make sure that you fill out the proxy form and give it to a member of the Board of Directors or one of your neighbors who will be attending.
All residents as well as absentee homeowners are encouraged to attend the annual meeting and to take an active part in the discussions and decisions that affect our community.
Many board members will be stepping down this year and your community is in need of additional volunteers to help assist in the operations of the Woodstream Neighborhood. Please consider joining the board.
The annual Woodstream community yard sale is held the first Saturday of June. This year the sale will be held on June 4th, from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Woodstream residents are welcome to set up along Magic Leaf Road, or to hold sales at their homes on that day. The Woodstream HOA Board of Directors will place ads for the community yard sale in local newspapers and on Craig’s List.