Message from our trash service below:
Due to the Winter Storm Warning issued for Northern Virginia, operations has decided to cancel all residential service for Tuesday March, 14th 2017.
All residential services scheduled for Tuesday will not be rescheduled. Please do not place your items at the curb this evening. We will pick-up all overflow generated from the cancelled service on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
Recycling and trash collection can be very challenging on windy days. We know we can’t control Mother Nature, but here are some tips that may help prevent your trash and recycling from blowing away.
- Place lighter materials on the bottom of your container and heavier items on top to prevent the lighter items from blowing out of the container.
- If your container is only half-full, consider waiting until your next collection to place it at the curb. The wind can blow your container away or even cause property damage.
- Bag all your trash/recycling before placing it in the bin. This is especially important for small, lightweight items like packing peanuts.
- Compact the trash- if you have loose items, place bagged trash on top of them to prevent them from blowing out of the cart.
- Secure the lid on your container. The wind can easily blow your container and container lid away.
If you see your trash or your neighbor’s trash has blown into your yard or common areas please try and pick up what you can.